Thursday, May 1, 2008

Two projects that look better in person…

This is an ATC that I made for an Alphabetica swap. For the base, I used some inexpensive collage note cards that I found at Hobby Lobby. I added Tim Holtz crackle paint around the edges and swirled two colors of Making Memories paints together to paint the chipboard letter. What doesn’t show up in the scan is the big fleur de lis that I added using transparent embossing paste through a brass stencil. I also sprinkled clear glitter on top of the embossing paste while it was still wet.

For this week’s card swap, we had to make a card using punches. I adapted this card from an altered book cover that I saw in a recent issue of Somerset Studio. The scan doesn’t pick up a lot of the details and all the sparkle on the card.

2 comments:

Jan aka StampQn said...

Joy - I love this card! Is that a stamped saying or one you did on the computer? Just love, love, love it!

Kelly Booth said...

Very nice Joy...Love all the detail you put in your work!