Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Catch Up Post - Miscellaneous Holiday Cards

I have a friend who appreciates the fact I send my Christmas cards late every year. My 2009 Christmas cards miraculously were mailed on time so I decided to make her a Christmas in July card to make up for my promptness. ;o)
 
For my 2010 Holiday cards, I went with a winter theme instead of a Christmas theme since, ahem,  they weren't actually mailed until January or February of 2011...
 
Most of my 2011 Christmas cards went out on time, or at least in December, LOL. I had been dying to attempt coloring an image in Sepia tones with my Copic Markers. This nativity scene stamp was perfect!
 
I had another holiday miracle in 2012 when I mailed my cards out early. (I made up for it by sending my 2013 Valentine's cards out late...)
 
A friend of mine found the pattern for this Cupcake gift card holder in an issue of Cardmaker magazine and asked me to help her decipher the instructions. I played around and made a quick sample for her in a Chinese New Year/Year of the Dragon theme.
 
When I saw this adorable owl stamp by Magnolia, I knew that I had to have it immediately! I couldn't wait to start using it on cards! The first was my 2011 Valentine:
 
Here is another Valentine that I made for a swap that year:
 
I started going through a tag phase in 2012. I used some favorite papers from my Graphic 45 hoard to make these Valentine tags.
 
Here are the Valentine's Day cards, tags and ATCs that I made to send out in 2013:
 
Here is a trio of cheerful Spring cards:
These bunny cards are sort of a "before and after." I wasn't too happy with how the first one turned out so I played around until I came up with the second card design which I liked much better.
 
Although my Mom and I are avid stampers and card makers, for some unknown reason, we rarely ever make each other cards. So I was feeling pretty good about myself when I made her this Mother's Day card. I cased this fabulous idea from a card I found on SplitCoast Stampers.
 
Here is my 2012 Halloween card:
 
Finally, here are some Thanksgiving cards that I have made for various swaps:

No comments: